Football Kenya Federation (FKF) president Nick Mwendwa has won re-election to serve for another four-year term.
Mwendwa secured a landslide victory in the FKF elections held on Saturday, 17th October, at Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, garnering 77 votes out of the possible 85. His closest challenger, former Gor Mahia Chief Executive Officer Lordvick Aduda managed only five votes.
Former FKF deputy CEO Herbert Mwachiro came third with three votes while the duo of Boniface Osano and Dan Mule did not get any votes.
Michael Ouma was elected as Nairobi regional chairman in the National FKF National Executive Committee elections. Ouma scooped 59 votes against Tom Alila’s 25.
Bernard Korir was elected as the new Upper Rift Valley chairperson after getting 64 votes against Nyongesa Masinde who managed 21 votes.
Ahmedqadar Mohamed retained the North Eastern NEC seat after beating Abdi Mohamed by 82 votes to three.
Margaret Omondi beat Kerubo Momanyi 43-42 to win the NEC Women’s Representative seat.
Here’s a full list of the winners:
- Nick Mwendwa-president
- Doris Petra-deputy president
- Michael Ouma Majua-Nairobi NEC member
- Bernard Korir Lagat–Upper Rift Valley NEC member
- Joseph Andere-Nyanza NEC member
- Ahmedqadar Mohamed Dabar–North Eastern NEC member
- Gabriel Mghendi – Coast Region NEC member (unopposed)
- Timothy Murithi Nabea-Eastern NEC member(unopposed)
- Gordon Davis Chege-Central Region NEC member (unopposed)
- David Kipkorir Bunei- Lower Rift Valley NEC member (Unopposed)
- Bishop Tony Kweya- Western Region NEC member (unopposed)
- Margaret Omondi–NEC Women’s Representative