Suspended Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has yet again moved to court to fight the bid to impeach him.
The flamboyant county chief on Monday, March 2, moved to Milimani Law Courts seeking orders to stop city MCAs from tabling his impeachment motion.
However, Makongeni MCA Peter Imwatok said the push to kick out Sonko could not be stopped.
President Uhuru Kenyatta on Saturday met the Nairobi MCAs at session where the need to boost service delivery and his Big 4 agenda dominated the talks.
A section of MCAs who attended the meeting said the President asked the them to shelve motion against Sonko, a claim that has been denied by Imwatok.
Speaking in a radio interview on Monday morning, Imwatok said President Kenyatta had been misquoted.
Sonko has up to today to respond to the impeachment motion tabled against him.
County Assembly Speaker Beatrice Elachi had last week Tuesday given Sonko a seven-day ultimatum to respond to the motion.
Sonko, who is not yet off the hook, on Tuesday last week surrendered key county functions to the national government in a deal signed with Devolution Cabinet Secretary Eugine Wamalwa, and witnessed by Senate Speaker Ken Lusaka and President Kenyatta at State House, Nairobi.
Sonko later explained that the agreement reached between him and the national government was for the good of the city county residents.