Home » Lifestyle » Health » Govt Concerned Over Dishonest Coronavirus Patients

Govt Concerned Over Dishonest Coronavirus Patients

by Robert Mwangi
2 mins read

The government has accused a group of suspect coronavirus patients of making the fight against the disease extremely difficult.

Health Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) Rashid Aman disclosed that some people had become dishonest, hampering efforts to curb the spread of the deadly disease.

Dr Aman said that some of them had been giving inaccurate details of the places where they live and wrong contacts.

“On targeting testing, we have noted a disturbing trend of individuals who provide wrong contacts and telephone numbers during testing,” he said.

Speaking in Nairobi, the Health CAS said that some of those who had provided wrong details had ended up testing positive for Covid-19.

“Once the results are out such individuals then become unavailable. This is serious, considering that some of them have tested positive and need to be contained together with their contacts,” he noted.

The senior health official warned that the country would experience a Covid-19 surge if the trend continues.

He urged all Kenyans to cooperate with the government in fighting and eliminating the respiratory disease.

Earlier this month, Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho revealed that five people had escaped after testing positive for Covid-19.

One of the escapees was later found dead while three others were arrested and taken into isolation.

In the meantime, Dr Aman also confirmed that 22 more people had tested positive for Covid-19 as of Sunday, 24th May. The country now has a total of 1,214 cases.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More