Harambee Stars head coach Jacob ‘Ghost’ Mulee has parted ways with the national team on mutual consent, the Football Kenya Federation has confirmed.
In a statement issued on Wednesday evening, 15th September FKF CEO Barry Otieno also announced the sacking of assistant coach Twahir Muhidin and goalkeeping coach Haggai Azande.
However, assistant coaches Ken Odhiambo and William Muluya will remain in the team as the Federation works to reconstruct the Harambee Stars technical bench ahead of the 2022 Qatar World Cup qualifiers against Mali, scheduled for 6th and 12th October, 2021, home and away, respectively.
The federation has expressed its gratitude to Mulee and his exiting technical bench.
“FKF is immensely grateful to Coach Mulee and his departing members of staff for their dedicated service and workmanship. The federation wishes them all the best in their future endeavours,” said Otieno.
Otieno further said that the federation is in the process of recruiting a new Harambee Stars coach and will make an announcement on the new technical bench in due course.
Mulee was appointed in October last year on a three-year deal, replacing Francis Kimanzi who staff left the national football team on “mutual consent”.