Three Kenyan women have tested positive for the coronavirus since Wednesday, 25th March.
In a live broadcast from Afya House, Nairobi, Health Chief Administrative Secretary Mercy Mwangangi confirmed that the country has now 31 diagnosed cases of Covid-19.
Mwangangi said two of the new patients are from Kilifi, while the other one was diagnosed in Nairobi.
Some 18 other suspected cases are isolated at Mbagathi Hospital waiting for results after Covid-19 tests.
More than 700 people who had active contact with the 31 patients have been traced and are being monitored at various heath facilities.
Mwangangi said the government is also tracing another group believed to have been exposed to the disease either directly or indirectly.
The Health CAS said a number of counties had been identified as hotspots where the virus could blow up.
“People living in Nairobi, Kajiado, Mombasa, Kilifi and Kwale need to be extra-careful,” she said.
She revealed that the government was coming up with new measures that to contain the spread of Covid-19 in those counties.
The CAS reminded the public to continue observing the “social distancing” precaution measure which many people are ignoring.
Her sentiments were echoed by Director-General of Health Patrick Amoth, who said Kenyans needed to be more careful in observing all the guidelines issued by the government.
Amoth said some reckless individuals could send the country into a major crisis.
Health CS Mutahi Kagwe, who was absent from today’s update on Covid-19, has been accusing some people of ignoring the precautionary measures advised by the government.
Kagwe has appealed to the public to avoid exposing themselves to the deadly virus, which could cause a surge in the country.
On Wednesday, 25th March, President Uhuru Kenyatta said the government had not run out of options if Kenyans fail to observe the existing guidelines, which now include a dusk-to-dawn curfew