Home » Lifestyle » Health » The Ksh250,000 Gadget That Almost Killed Moses Kuria

The Ksh250,000 Gadget That Almost Killed Moses Kuria

by Robert Mwangi
2 mins read
Gadget that almost killed Moses Kuria

Gatundu South MP Moses Kuria says it is only by the grace of God that he did not die or get paralysed after allegedly using a sub-standard medical device.

Three weeks ago, Kuria obtained through a friend a leg tourmaline mat at a cost of Ksh250,000.

The electric blanket was supposed to cure numbness in his feet following a busy political schedule.

Three days after using the device, the lawmaker claims things went south, as his feet exploded.

“I was travelling and getting numb and tired and so this guy managed to convince me. I thought it was authorised and it was meant to do some blow burning of my feet. My feet exploded and when I came here the following day, they said I had third-degree burns,” he told Citizen TV.

Kuria revealed that he has undergone three surgeries at Karen Hospital to correct the damage that was caused by the gadget.

He added that he is pushing the Parliament to investigate the company that sold him the electric blanket.

The lawmaker further said Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe and officials from the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBs) would be summoned to explain why unauthorised products were flooding the market.

However, the firm that sold the gadget has denied that its products are not up to the standard, blaming Kuria for failing to go through the instructions on how to use the mat.

“We regret the unfortunate incident that occurred. It is not our desire to sell products that expose the users to any form of danger. The product was purchased by one of Moses Kuria’s friends and we did not know that he had pre-existing health conditions,” an excerpt from the Statement read.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More