Home » Lifestyle » Health » Uhuru Announces Extension of Nationwide Curfew

Uhuru Announces Extension of Nationwide Curfew

by Robert Mwangi
2 mins read

President Uhuru Kenyatta has announced the latest review of Covid-19 containment measures by the government.

In a live broadcast from State House, Nairobi, on Tuesday, 29th June, the Head of State said the nationwide curfew had been extended.

In the 13 counties in the Lake Basin region, President Kenyatta said the curfew would continue to be observed from 7pm to 4am until 31st July.

Two weeks ago, the government imposed stringent measures in Kisumu, Kisii, Kakamega, Migori, Homa Bay, Busia, Bomet, Siaya, Kericho, Bungoma, Trans Nzoia, and Vihiga counties following the rising number of coronavirus infections.

For the rest of the country, the curfew will continue to be enforced between 10am and 4am for a further 60 days.

Additionally, the President prolonged the ban on political gatherings for two more months.

Also, the President insisted on strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols during religious functions, except in the 13 counties where places of worship have been closed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More