Roots Party presidential candidate George Wajackoyah has this evening, 30th June, unveiled his manifesto at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) in Nairobi.
Deputy President William Ruto also revealed his agenda at the Kasarani Stadium, but in this article, let’s pay attention to Wajackoyah’s ideas.
As expected, the Roots Party event lived to its billing.
Wajackoyah has become wildly popular due to his funny manifesto.
The event attracted a whirlwind of reactions on social media platforms, as Kenyans made jokes about it.
Below is the 10-point agenda that Wajackoyah says he will implement if elected President on August 9.
1. Cultivation of bhang for medicinal and commercial purposes;
2. Snake farming to sell the reptile meat to Chinese to clear the country’s debt;
3. Exporting dog meat to China;
4. Hanging those found guilty of corruption;
5. Do away with the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR), as it has no economic value;
6. Reduce working days to four (from Monday to Thursday);
7. Suspend the Constitution;
8. Move the capital from Nairobi to Isiolo;
9. Reintroduce majimboism by reinstating the former eight provinces; and,
10. Deport foreigners who are not investing in Kenya;
Wajackoyah said he had identified Nyeri as one of the counties where bhang would be grown as a cash crop.